Sunday, February 8, 2009

Song Bird Review

I have started carrying a little stuffed bird in my Primary bag each week. I have used him for several different activities, usually to review a song and give the kids some sort of game to focus on. Most recently we used our "singing songbird" in the following ways:

You Sing-I Sing: This works well for both SR & JR Primary. As we sing a song I toss one child the songbird. When a child has the songbird the primary has to sing without my help. When the child throws the song bird back to me I have to sing. We do this through the duration of the song.

Pass Along: While we are reviewing/learning a new song I hand the songbird to the first child on the first row - as we sing the child can hand the bird to their neighbor. They may only hand the bird off if they know the words and are singing. We see how far the bird gets by the end of the song.

No comments: